30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge 2/6

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge Made By CFS_Zombie


Day 6 
If you could have told yourself something when you first remember these symptoms arising, what would you have said? 
This is going to be the hardest thing you will ever go through - but each battle is going to make you 10 times stronger! You'll  be okay. 


Day 7
What was the biggest realisation you have had  ?
When I was little and me and my friends would play a came called MASH where you have names, cars, houses and stuff on paper and do a random future prediction and I would say I wanted to be a nurse and have a limo. Then a friend once said "but you can't see you can't drive". I also realised then that I can't be a nurse because of how weak my immune system is. 


Day 8
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself with a YouTube account raising awareness of what it's like to live with a chronic illness. I also see myself regaining the independence I've lost since being in a wheelchair with the help of other people. 


Day 9
Have you ever tried any alternative therapies? If so, what? Did they work?
I have not. The only type of therapy I have had is talking and CBT for my depression and anxiety. We also speak about my illness and ways to cope with it do it does help me cope a lot better. 


Day 10
What little things make your life easier?
The online chronic illness community.  
The support I get from the learning support team who work with me.  
My wheelchair is a life saver and so is my stair lift!
I also find that taking things easy  helps. 
Talking about my situation helps me and many others. 



Comments

  1. Talking about your illness helps you and all the other courageous warriors fighting the battle of NMO. Being the caregiver for my wife whom has had this disease for over twenty years now, I k ow how hard it can be to keep going day after day, but, folks like yourself and my wife who never give in or give up are the heroes and I truly believe that together they will find a cure. Thanks for all you do. I read your blog to my wife each time you post it and it helps as much as any drug to build her strength to continue to fight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment.
      I'm glad I can give people the strength they need to continue on. We are stronger together.

      Delete
  2. Niamh, this blogg is an excellent insight into life with NMO and inspirational in how you deal with it. You've got a distinctive voice. Keep writing. I look forward to your next post. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so kind and yes! I'm being a voice instead of an echo!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advice on dealing with a chronic illness and education.

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge 4/6