30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge 4/6

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge 4/6


Day 16
What's your favorite inspirational quote ?
You are tougher  than life is!
Be a voice not an echo.


Day 17
How would things be different if you weren't ill?
I can't even imagine that. I would not be who I am today nowhere near. Which is quite weird to be honest. I love who I'm becoming. Forever changing. 


Day 18
Do you think you have become a better person through being ill? Explain.
I really do I believe that this illness has  shaped who I am. I would not have empathy or any understanding of chronic illness without this. I've learnt to make sure people don't feel alone in their fight which I couldn't do without going through this. This is me and this is my life I wouldn't change anything. 


Day 19
How do you feel about the future?
Uneasy. I tend to take each hour as it comes.  I do try to plan things because I know there's a way to do everything you just have to do them differently. It's hard to think about the future when you've seen how drastically your life has changed. 


Day 20
Have you met anyone with the same illness? Did it help?
I go to a NMO patient day in Birmingham every year where they do lectures on different topics related to NMO and it gives you a chance to meet new people. I also met up with my friend who's Norwegian in London once which was a lovely thing. It does help but most people are older than me as it's so rare in children... The good thing is lots of  illnesses have similar symptoms. Having a illness is overwhelming so even just having someone who is having similar issues is amazing. Sometimes better than any medication!


Part 2
Part 3

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge 2/6

Advice on dealing with a chronic illness and education.