30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge 3/6

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge Made By CFS_Zombie


Day 11
Why do you believe you have this illness? Bad luck or higher power or something else?
Bad luck. There must've been some unbalanced chemicals that created the antibody. Things just happen. 


Day 12
Briefly explain to a healthy person  what it is like to live with this illness ?
Life with any illness is difficult but for me the hardest part is the chronic pain and fatigue. I miss out on a lot of things because of my body being silly. The chronic illness not only has a physical effect but all of the complications and worries bring psychological issues. 



Day 13
Has your physical illness had any effect on your mental health? Explain .
My physical illness has had drastic effects on my mental health. Weight gain from the steroids was one really hard battle I fought. I now love my body because I believe it looks healthy.  I get really upset when I get new symptoms because I hate having such a unpredictable body. I see a psychologist and a school counsellor who have been a wonderful help. They've worked on helping me to understand why I'm upset and grounding strategies when I feel anxious. Anxiety is a huge part of my life. Think of it, I can't even see who's around me let alone what they are doing or where I'm going! It gets really bad in new places but I've found that grounding methods really help   
I like this one!
Look around
Find 5 things you can see
4 things you can touch
3 things you can hear
2 things you can smell 
1 thing you can taste
Write them down and use descriptive words to focus your mind more. 
If this one doesn't work name every ice cream flavour you can think of!


Day 14
Give 5 things you are grateful for:
I am grateful for the health care I receive, learning support team, my family, my medication and most of all the online chronic illness community. 


Day 15
What would you say to people newly diagnosed with this illness?
This is going to be scary but you will get through it.  Don't be afraid to admit that you aren't coping because asking for help is so much braver than suffering in silence.  You have more strength than you know and with each fight you'll only earn more!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge 2/6

Advice on dealing with a chronic illness and education.

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge 4/6